Tuesday, March 5, 2013

It Might As Well Be Spring

I know, I know, technically it's still winter but yesterday the sun was shining and I had the whole day to myself so did I take advantage of that and go outside and run errands or anything outdoors?  Um, no...I cleaned.
Not just your every day cleaning but drawer cleaning.  I started at my desk.  I think I kept every piece of paper I was given in the last year.  Not ones I need for taxes, those were in a special folder.  Oh, no, receipts from a car repair on a car we don't even have any more, sixteen or so receipts from my yard guy(so I wouldn't lose his phone #) and stuff like that--you know, the important stuff.
It took most of the morning though to be honest, I didn't work that hard.  I was distracted by Kelly and Michael and Dr. Oz and of course, Polyvore!
I took a real break to eat lunch and watch my soap. Oh, yes, I still watch that soap but we won't talk about that today. Then I went into the bathroom to hit the drawers in there.  
If I'm being honest, I didn't really spring clean those last year.  I know because I found a ton of makeup and skin cream that was almost hard in the bottles!  Also a lot of empty plastic baggies. I know, baggies?  In the bathroom?  I don't know either.
I was really careful not to throw out anything that I thought DH still uses.  He had a bunch of tools for his shaver so I put those in, guess what, a baggie.  When he got home he told me they were for a shaver he threw away!!! I'm proud to say there is no empty baggie in the drawer, I just tossed the entire thing.
I'm a little embarrassed to tell you that I took DH on a tour of the clean drawers.  He was impressed... the big Faker!!!!  I appreciated it though.
I think I am pretty clean.  When I do this kind of stuff, I doubt that very much. And that was just the start.  Tomorrow is the kitchen.  YIKES!!  I know I have a ton of stuff I don't need in my junk drawer... OK, OK, drawers.
The sun is shining again today and I am outta here.  I'm on my way to lunch with my sis and my best friend.  No drawers today, thank goodness.

No comments: