Monday, March 11, 2013

Sunday WIth Larry

OH, yes I spent the entire afternoon and evening with this guy yesterday.  That movie is 4 and 1/2 hours long with a fifteen minute intermission.  Our showing was supposed to start at 2:30 but the movie before it ran long (?) and we had to wait.  We got a free pass for our trouble so that was OK.
Now the movie is vast and sweeping and Peter O'Toole is handsome as all get out but boy, it is one depressing film.  The poor guy gets used and abused(literally) from almost the beginning of the story.
The story starts with his death so it is kind of a harbinger of doom.
The best part was I got popcorn.  It was my "lunch".  I am a popcorn lover but it doesn't always love me back.  I don't really care, I like it that much.  DH got it for me while I saved our seats on the hardest bench in the world.
The theater was Capitol Theater at West 65th and Detroit Ave. in Cleveland.  If you ever get a chance to go there, you should.  It has a giant screen like when I was a kid.
We went because DH remembers seeing it in Junior High during the noon movies.  Twenty minutes at a time!  That would have been fine by me.
After, our son met us for dinner and we went to XYZ.  It is a little bar and restaurant.  I had incredible corned beef and homemade chips with homemade onion dip.  Needless to say, I am starting my diet today!


No comments: