Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Book Club

Yesterday I was reading an article about the annoying member types of a book club.  I really enjoyed it until I got to this part.
The Dominator. All discussion runs through The Dominator. Like the guy on the plane who shares his cell phone conversation with everyone, The Dominator must be heard. Whether it’s interrupting someone else’s thoughts on Unbroken, or constantly steering the conversation away from the book and toward his kids, this member of your book club will never let you get a word in edgewise.
OMG!  That's me.
I know it is.  I work really hard not to do it and I always do.  I don't want to.  I just can't seem to help myself.
The worst part is they let me.  I always think they let me because they like it.  Now, I'm not so sure.  Of course, I prefer to think of it as being the Leader but I am a Dominator.  I am crushed and not just a little ashamed.
How does a Dominator stop being one?  I'll have to ask Christian Grey.


No comments: