Sunday, August 25, 2013

These Feet Were Made for Walking

Well, I was going to tell you about my phenomenal feat from yesterday(no pun intended) but I have to digress for a moment.
I typed in "picture of a woman walking" and suddenly there were all these pictures of nude women and let me tell you some of them were not walking, no sirree.
If I type in "picture of a man walking", I don't think I'll get any nudies but wait a sec, I'll try.....................................................................................................................
 I'm back and as I guessed there were no naked men in the search.
Are we not past this?  What in the heck do women have to do to get the respect they deserve?  We already attend college, hold down important jobs and raise children.  And if I want a picture of a woman walking, it should just be a woman walking...in clothes.

Anyway, now that I feel better, wait until you hear what DH and I did yesterday.  We walked almost 8 miles.  Really, it was 7.8 miles but come on, isn't that amazing?
We had a great plan.  Son lives on a street by the lake that ends in a park. So we thought we'd walk to the park and home again after a quick bottle of water at the park.  Easy peasy.  We called Son and told him not to worry it wouldn't be a surprise visit but he said we could stop if we wanted.
Well, good thing he said that because there was a slight flaw in our plan.  No facilities between our house and his and none at the park.  Luckily, Son was home and we took care of business and headed home.
We did feel awfully tired.  Our feet were screaming at us--especially the balls of our feet for some reason.  But today, they are fine.  We just got back from our daily normal walk, only 3.6 miles.  My feet aren't even mad at me.

No comments: