Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Bug Wars

It's all about fruit flies.
Well, here we are at day 3 of this topic but I just can't help myself.
I embraced the suggestions on line and the one I tried is working like a charm, sort of.
I took a dish, put some apple cider vinegar in, covered it with plastic wrap, put holes in the plastic wrap and tucked it tightly around the dish.  You can use a rubberband to help you with this. Oh, and you should add a drop of dish soap to the vinegar too.
Now, all I had to do was wait.  I must have checked those traps every 5 minutes at first.  I then figured out I needed some patience.  People, patience is not my long suit.  I think I used it all up on Kindergarteners.  Anyway, I forced myself to stay away from them and this morning, guess what?
Almost all the little buggers are dead in the water...I mean, vinegar.  It takes them awhile to find the holes in the plastic I guess and they can't find their way out because they have teeny tiny brains, wee little ones that don't allow for solving problems.
However, some of them must be teenier tinier brained than others because a few still exist and haven't even found the holes yet so I have to muster up my patience again and see what happens today.
This is war and I am determined to win!

No comments: