Thursday, August 22, 2013

Fruit Fly Wars Part III

Do you remember the story of the Brave Little Tailor?  He killed 7 flies with one blow and went around bragging about it so they made him go kill a giant.  Luck was with him and he did it.
I am no Brave Little Tailor, but as General DH said sometimes you just have to use the direct approach so today I sucked it up and  I clapped a fruit fly to death.  Now wouldn't you think I'd be ecstatic?
Well, kind of like the Little Tailor, I have some regrets.  First, I can't believe my luck.  Do you know how many of those things I've tried to kill in the last couple weeks?  I was really desperate today since I feel this war is coming up to the level of the Hundred Years war.  I feel like I've been fighting the little suckers forever.  But I still feel a little bad about killing that thing.  What can I say?  I guess I am not a born soldier or even a brave little tailor.  Thank goodness there aren't any giants around here!!!

No comments: