Saturday, August 10, 2013

Hiking the Almost Grand Canyon

DH and DD are going on a hike in the Grand Canyon in September so they have to practice and get in shape.  Somehow, I got roped into practicing with them.
We were in Chapin forest today and as far as I'm concerned that is a grand enough canyon for me.  Well, actually it is a quarry but let's not split hairs.
It is rugged terrain and a challenge for me.  Not so much for DH who goes way more than I do.  DD does pretty well too and today she even wore a backpack that weighed 25 pounds.  OMG!  I think that's crazy. No offense, honey.
You would have to pay me an extravagant amount of money to hike the Grand Canyon.  It is beautiful there and I love it but I had the worst asthma attack of my life there and I don't want any repeat performances of that.  DH was ready to take me to the hospital.
I'll just be happy slogging along in our neighborhood or at Chapin.  That's a grand enough workout for me.

No comments: