Sunday, March 30, 2008

Getting Enlightened Part Deux

So I haven't told you about my enlightenment journey for awhile now so I thought I would bring you up to date. Becoming enlightened takes time and patience. One I have plenty of and I'll let you figure out which one that is!! If you know me, it is not much of a thought process.
Anyway, I have been going to my Oprah class and trying to ignore those ads(still the same ones, still the Post-it girl whose passion is reading) and listening for the words to inspire me to be a better person.
I am not doing this for anyone else. I am doing it solely for me. I want to live a life of peace and contentment. I want to accept and live with the decisions I have made in the past and not worry about the ones I will make in the future.
I am trying really hard not to put myself down as this is a function of the ego according to my class. So in that vein, I have stopped getting on the scale. Isn't that a good idea? Every time I gain a pound I suffer from guilt and remorse so I just won't get on the scale.
Wait, what was that you asked me?
Why don't I just watch what I eat and then I wouldn't have to worry about the scale anyway?
That, my friend, is your ego talking and I will choose to ignore what you are thinking and just remember that you cant help yourself as you are a product of an "egoic "world.
Also I learned about my pain body. According to my class we seek out people who have compatible pain bodies to our own. I am still being nice to everyone though as I am not exactly sure what my pain body is except I am getting fat. Oh wait, that isn't supposed to bother me anymore.
I don't like the idea of having a pain body. It sounds like something that is heavy and hard to drag around all the time. I am hoping they are going to teach me how to get rid of it because I felt a lot better before I knew I had one!
Isn't becoming enlightened a fun ride?? I still have six more classes to attend so I am sure I will have all the answers in just a few weeks and i will be happy to share them with you. In the meantime, I will not look at the scale, eat what I want and be nice to everybody.
And if that doesn't work, I will just hold on to my pain body and do the best I can!

No comments: