Monday, March 3, 2008

Getting Up

Why is it so darn hard to get up in the morning? I consider myself a morning person but getting out of that bed seems to be a mighty big challenge. Maybe it's because the bed is so cozy and comfy. I love the feeling of being wrapped up in the quilt and blanket like a butterfly in its cocoon.
I also love dreaming. My favorite is a flying dream. I haven't had one of those for a while but I love the floating feeling. I never fly like Superman. More like a bird. I can feel my arms outstretched and the wind pushing past me and my hair blowing in the breeze. I can see the earth below and swoop down to enjoy a lovely sight or to chase a villain.
I used to dream about school a lot. Not teaching so much(although I admit to those too) Mostly I dream about being late for a test I never studied for or going to gym after cutting for a long time and feeling the dread that I couldn't find my locker. For a while I kept dreaming about this old house that was in a not so good neighborhood but Kevin and I bought it anyway. We fixed it up--one dream at a time. There was a pool and if you walked through the back yard you would come to some dunes and crossing over them there was a beach. Inside the house the living room was sunken and had a grand piano. Last I knew we were stripping wall paper in the dining room. Then I never dreamt of it again. Isn't that funny? I must have had ten dreams about that house and I haven't dreamt of it in over two years now. I don't really have nightmares very often. I have learned to turn my dream around if it starts to happen. If I get that dreadful feeling I can often turn over in my sleep and it will stop. Sometimes I just change my reaction in the dream and that works. I read that somewhere.
I used to be quite the day dreamer in my younger days. I don't do that anymore. I don't know why. I sure have enough time on my hands to daydream. Maybe it's because I'm living the dream(Oh Right!) No, I think it is just I have too many other things to do. Just daydreaming seems like a waste of time.. not that I don't still have dreams. I still want to travel and do things that are of service to others. I want to work at Universal Studios in Seussland. I want to live in Florida and vacation in New Mexico. I want to take up drawing again. I want to learn to knit. I want to take classes at the local community college. I want to study my genealogy. That is just the short list.
Anyway now I'm fully awake so it's time to get going. I have work to do and hopefully a little shopping too. It's going to be a great day.

No comments: