Sunday, July 14, 2013

Bastille Day and Something Else

Happy Bastille Day!!  Viva LaFrance and Ooh La La! 
I know Bastille day has something to do with the French Revolution but to be honest I'm not exactly sure what happened.  Something about peasants storming the Bastille which was a big prison.
This revolution ended up giving us champagne and brie cheese so personally, I salute this day!
The real reason for this post is that it is my 34th wedding anniversary.  We got married by a judge in a little city hall and had our reception at TGIFridays and I ate peel and eat shrimp.  I was nervous and excited and late.  DH was nervous and on time.
The judge jingled the change in his pocket the entire time and our former brother in law laughed about it all through the ceremony.  Someone(not saying who) went out of the restaurant to cry.  I will spare you further details of that.
Here we are all these years later and we are going to work in the yard and go drink wine later.  We did celebrate a little yesterday too and found a new winery we can't wait to take our friends to.
DH, it's been a roller coaster ride but I wouldn't trade it for anything.  Not even champagne and brie.

No comments: