Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Gone Girl




This book was the last thing I expected.  I spent the early part of the book flipping back and forth that Nick, the husband, killed Amy, the wife.  I would be sure of it and then something would be written and I'd think oh, no he didn't. Something else would come along and I'd be sure he did it.
I'm not going to talk much about the story because there are so many surprises along the way, I wouldn't want to spoil them for you.
The prose was captivating and the characters were well written.  I kind of hoped all along that Nick would be innocent because in spite of his flaws he was likable. Amy I was not so crazy about as she led us a merry dance throughout the book. Slowly, both the main characters revealed themselves to the reader.
There was extreme behavior that felt totally wrong but yet it was right for the story.  I felt really sorry for anyone who got caught up in this total mess.
I heard that Reese Witherspoon wants to do the movie version so the whole time I was hearing her voice when Amy spoke and imagining her in different scenes.  For me, that was a little distracting.
I couldn't put this book down because I always wanted to know what happened next.  The ending sent a shiver down my spine.
If you're looking for a good read, I suggest you pick up Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn

No comments: