Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Pope Not Pious

I'm not a Catholic but I am lovin' me some Pope these days.  First off, he was a man of the people in Brazil.  He didn't seem to be worried about crowds rushing at him.  Someone on the news said he knows there could be someone out there who wants to hurt him but God is out there too.  I love that.
"Who am I to judge a gay person of goodwill who seeks the Lord?" the pontiff said, speaking in Italian. "You can't marginalize these people."  What?? A Pope said that?  Yes, yes, he did.  Someone affiliated with a church, someone who is powerful, finally said we shouldn't judge gays.  I'm taking that to mean not to judge anyone which I believe is something in the Good Book.
Some extremists would probably say I know nothing about the Bible and maybe they'd be right.  I think I know some things about it though and about God and Jesus.  They said to love one another.  No caveats, no exceptions.  Not love one another but not these particular folks.(choose any minority you wish and insert there)
So I love the Pope.  I hope he represents a change for the better in attitudes toward people who may be different in some respect.  I hope people listen.
One thing is for sure, I bet God and Jesus are up there smiling down on him!

No comments: