Wednesday, June 11, 2008

I Still Got Nothin'

Okay, today it is really true. I stayed home the entire day yesterday because my car decided it is going to sound off its alarm every time I start it. This is not only embarrassing but maddening. It always happens in a parking lot(embarrassing) and when it happens in my garage it is deafening and maddening(especially for the neighbors).

But guess what? When my husband starts it nothing happens. No alarm. It just starts right up and no problemo. Isn't that always the way? It's like that noise your car makes until you take it to the mechanic and then it stops...until you get it home again.

I hate it when things don't work the way they are supposed to. Maybe that is why I always hated exercise. It never seems to work for me. My body never looks stronger and the weight doesn't melt off of me. My stomach never gets flatter and I never get definition. SO I QUIT!! EVERY TIME! This time I am not going to give up because I refuse to be a weak old lady. Not that I am old yet but there's no time like the present to get started. I was always a weakling who would rather read a book than run outside and play(as a child) and now I am a grownup who would rather read a book than garden or jog or just about anything active. So that is going to change.

Now that thing about not working right just happened again. The caps lock was locked and wouldn't unlock. It took me ten minutes to fix it and now I don't even know what I did! Oh well, at least it is working now and I can finish.

I hate it when people don't work the way they are supposed to also. I hate it when someone doesn't carry their weight at work or sits back and watches you do everything. I hate it when your family members let you do all the chores and don't lift a finger. I hate it when somebody should be kind and they aren't. The last one seems to happen the most. Everyone seems to be so busy and self-involved that kindness comes last instead of first. Now I am probably no different. I am sure I have been unkind when I should have been kind. At least I try to be aware and choose kindness as my first reaction(ok, maybe my second... I am only human).

Why don't more people try it? I guess because it's hard. Nobody wants to do the hard stuff any more. That's why the person at work can just sit there and your family can let you do all the chores. It's hard to do those things. It must be such a relief to have someone else do it for you. But shouldn't kindness be easy? Isn't it just as easy to smile as it is to snarl? Isn't it just as easy to accept as it is to reject? Isn't it just as easy to be appreciative as it is to be disdainful?

I'm just sayin'...........

No comments: