Saturday, June 7, 2008

Too Darn Hot!

Why does the temperature have to go up into the nineties right away? I miss early summer when it is in the low 80's and it feels like you think heaven would. Those are the days you could work in the yard and ride bikes and sit outside for hours. Yesterday, I didn't want to peek my nose out the door. Mind you, this did not stop me from my usual shopping trip with my sister! However, for the rest of the day, I stayed indoors. In the air conditioning. And now the electric bill will look like the gas bill did this winter!
Don't get me wrong. I love summer. Not as much as fall, but still. There is always something to do. This Summer we have weddings, graduations and a 21st birthday in our family. We are going on a vacation too. Who wouldn't look forward to that?
I just want to be able to wear sleeves. Yesterday was not a sleeve day. Or the day before. I was in the grocery store in a sleeveless top and some old lady says to me "Aren't you Freezing?" I wasn't until she said something.
I hate showing my little bit fat arms and I have a scar on one arm that looks like somebody took a big bite out of me. Actually someone(a doctor) kinda did. I had some skin cancer removed. Anyway I want sleeves and when the temperature and the humidity match at around 90, you can forget it!
Anyway they always say, if you cant stand the heat get out of the kitchen. Well, in my nice air conditioned house I think I'll stay in the kitchen and out of the yard!

No comments: