Monday, June 9, 2008

It's So Smooth

Okay I am still working on the Cheap-O Diet. I haven't lost any weight yet but I am working out and adding muscle and we all know how much muscle weighs!!(wink) Anyway and my tooth that needs a cap and now a root canal hurts like the dickens sometimes so I have been trying to eat soft.
That said, I think I have invented a cheap and filling breakfast which is also liquid. Easy to make and is even portable. So here we go...each smoothie starts with the same three ingredients 1 c skim milk, 1 -4 0z container Activia vanilla yogurt, and 6 ice cubes(you can add more of these if you want or if your smoothie has to stay cold for a long time.
Here are some combos to add to the formula that I liked the taste of:
1 cup blue berries and a handful of crushed walnuts or

1 cup strawberries and a banana or

1 cup raspberries and a banana or

a banana and 1 T natural peanut butter or

a banana and a t. of vanilla

Adding the nuts or peanuts adds fiber and makes the full factor but so do berries like strawberries, raspberries and blueberries. I have used blackberries but there were so many uncrushed seeds, I didn't like that but feel free.
Honestly I have gone from 8 am until 2pm and not felt hungry at all. I know they say now you should eat about every four hours but that doesn't fit into my schedule--if it does fit yours just break up the smoothie into two portions.
Remember, I am not a nutritionist or a diet guru. I am just trying this stuff and reporting to you as I go along. If I like it and it isn't a thousand calories, I will share.
If you have a combination you want to share just add it in the comments and everyone will see it. And oh yes, this is not an advert for Activia use whatever yogurt you want. I like the effects of Activia(if you catch my drift)P.S. forgot one 1 ring fresh pineapple about 1/2" thick, 1/4 fresh orange and 1 banana. Had that his morning!

No comments: