Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Potpourri

I don't have any particular subject on my mind today so I will just drop a few thoughts I've been having lately. Over the weekend I watched Shanghai Noon with Jackie Chan and Owen WIlson. I don't usually get all crushy over movie stars but I loved both of them. Jackie Chan has the most beautiful body and when he does his martial arts moves he is just poetry in motion. He is smooth and graceful. It is pretty impressive to watch him. That Owen Wilson is just a likeable kind of guy. He seems self effacing and down to earth. I hope his recent problems don't keep up. He is a talented guy and cute to boot.
Yesterday when I went to go work out, I found that our YMCA is doing a major overhaul. They are in the midst of a remodel so you had to take a new route to the locker room and the work out room. I got lost--twice. Once coming and once going. I got myself out of the first one by backtracking and the second time a nice young man led me out. One of the employees told me just to retrace my original steps but that had been 45 long and sweaty minutes earlier!!
So when I go back will I know y way around? Maybe, maybe not. But leave it to me to get lost in a medium size building that I've been in at least 20 times before!
I have also been fighting an overwhelming urge to eat candy. Yesterday afternoon, I should have gone to the grocery store but I didn't because I knew I would buy candy. I am really trying to resist and it isn't easy. I even had a dream last night about eating candy. As much as I wanted!! I'm surprised I didn't wake up with a stomach ache. If it happens again(the urge for candy) I might give in but I won't feel guilty as I am pretty proud of myself right now.

No comments: