Saturday, June 14, 2008

Two Graduations, Two Weddings and a Landmark Birthday

Today we are going to my nephew's graduation party. It is the first of many events we have this summer. We will be going from event to event. I figure by the end of August my head will be spinning.
It is so amazing to me how fast the time has gone by and that all these youngsters are all young adults now. I met our one bride when she was just 11 years old. She is a cousin of my husband and at the time she couldn't believe that our baby would eat that rice cereal which probably looked gross to her. She was such a cute little thing and funny too.
Our groom is my cousin's boy and I haven't seen him in a long time. They moved to California and our paths haven't crossed much. When he was a toddler he could sing one mean edition of Oscar Meyer Wiener. Can't believe he is getting married already.
Two of our nephews graduated from high school this year. One lives in Chicago. He is wanting to be a pilot and is going to college to fulfill his dream. Our other nephew lives here(hence our going to the party) and he is interested in politics. Really, really interested. I remember how he loved to sit in my lap when he was little. He's way too tall to do that anymore.
We have a nephew who is turning 21 years old. I remember the first day I saw him and how I fell in love with his cute little self. It doesn't seem that long ago. He is my sister's boy and I have had the privilege of watching him grow into a fine young man. It seems like yesterday that we were reading The Jolly Postman and Kevin was helping him put together his new toys on Christmas Eve.
Well, they say time stops for no man and I now know it is true. But does it have to go by so fast?

No comments: