Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Bowling for Dollars

I always was a lousy bowler. I just can't get the hang of how you coordinate those steps and swinging your arm straight. Bowling in public was, for me, embarrassing at least, mortifying at best. One time I threw the ball and it went over into the lane next to where I was bowling. Now that is terrible. My all time high was 96 and I was so happy to get that much, I can't tell you. I bowled one strike in my life.
Actually, I was on a bowling team once a long time ago. I'm sure they wished I would quit. They got their wish soon enough. My favorite part of bowling was going to the bar for a drink afterward.
Apparently, I would meet Barack Obama in there. He is another hapless bowler. He bowled a 37 for goodness sakes! Did you see him with the bowling shoes? He looked like he wished he had surgical gloves on! I admire the guy for even putting them on his feet. He also got a gutter ball. With that score he probably got more than one but I only saw the one. On TV. Is this guy brave or what? Not able to be commander in chief....come on.
I also saw him drinking a beer and eating a hot dog. Brave and brave again. Do you know what is in a hot dog? Me, either.
Anyway I am thinking of inviting Mr. Obama to join a bowling league. We can call ourselves The Under One Hundreds. We can all put our dollars into a treasury and at the end of the season, we can give prizes. I want to win the prize for the lowest scoring team. I am going to ask Barack to be on my team!

No comments: