Sunday, April 6, 2008

Clean Slate

I love the morning. Somehow the promise of a new day opens up a myriad of opportunities and possibilities. I always feel my best in the morning. I feel energized and happy and excited. As the day wears on though some of this fades so I am not one of those super-chipper people.
The morning means you can start your diet over again. Even when you blew it all to smithereens yesterday with the hot fudge sundae or a Big Mac and fries. You are fresh and a new. Anything is possible. Twelve hundred calories for the day is more than enough. Just think of all the lettuce you can eat!
The morning means you can finally start that project. It might be spring cleaning or writing a novel. You can mentally picture yourself busy at the task and feel the pride and joy in your accomplishment making your blood course through your veins. Before you know it your house will be spic and span and you will be a famous author(or actress or singer or diplomat).
The morning holds open the door for your exercise program to begin. Especially if it is a sunny day. You can easily take your walk(after your 300 calorie breakfast or before if you prefer) or your jog or go to the gym and start the day off right. Think of the energy you will have for the rest of the day so you can get started on that famous thing!
Some people love the morning because they finally get that first cup of coffee. Not me. I've never been much of a coffee drinker. Love the aroma, hate the taste. Unless of course it is one of those coffees that you get at the specialty stores with flavors and whipped cream--you know, the 3,000 calorie breakfast!
I used to love breakfast too. Especially when it came with doughnuts. Now that it is eggs or a high fiber cereal, I don't really care for it much. I sure don't feel hungry in the morning.
Anyway, chalk me up as being a morning person. Just don't expect me to have the same goals or ambition after 11:59 a.m.!

1 comment:

beth said...

Oh, Susz, we are such polar opposites! I am so NOT a morning person AT ALL! I slowly wake up in the morning and always have a second wind at night. Of sourse, working in the way of that...oh, to be retired!