Saturday, May 4, 2013

Cinderella Days

Yesterday, I washed dishes by hand.  No joke.  Not just a couple of dishes but a whole dishwasher full.  I have to say I don't remember the last time I had to do the dishes.  I hardly remembered what to do.  I don't own a dishpan or a drainer that's how spoiled I am. 
I am well aware that many people have to do the dishes by hand and I am well aware of how lucky I am but it is what I'm used to so it was disconcerting.
It's always shocking to me when an appliance stops working.  My dishwasher performed without a hitch just a couple days before and suddenly it just stopped.
Well, at least, I thought so.  DH came home and turned it on and it went just fine.  Go figure...and me with dishpan hands!
That's not the only old fashioned, Cinderella type chore I did this week either.  I scrubbed the bathroom floor on my hands and knees.  The bottom line is once in a while you just have to do it.  All the new cleaning products are great but nothing gets into the corners like a rag and your own two hands.  There I said it.  Sorry, Swiffer.  Sorry, Dyson.  Your best tools are at the end of your arms...your own two hands!
For all her efforts, Cinderella got taken to the ball and dressed by the fairy godmother.  For all my efforts, I got to put on my pajamas and DH bought me McDonald's ice cream.  Woo Hoo!

No comments: