Thursday, April 4, 2013

Day 23 Something I Miss

What do I miss?  Well, sometimes I miss  my youth.  I think I may have possibly squandered it. I would like not to feel the aches and pains that remind me every day how old I am.  Not that I think I'm that old.
I miss my Volkswagon Beetle.  I just loved that car and wanted it since I was a teenager. ..even though I didn't even learn to drive until I was 24 years old.
I miss the scent of my babies.  You know that powdery, baby smell?  They don't have it anymore. And thank goodness since they're both in their thirties!
Sometimes, I miss school.  Not the work of it or the problems or the demands but I do miss the kids.   Five year olds can be pretty good company.
I miss eating whatever I want.  I know that's terrible but I wish I could still eat cookies and cake and hamburgers and onion rings with no guilt attached.
Really, I don't miss much.  I don't miss any of the things I mentioned for more than a few minutes once in a while.
It seems like a waste of time to miss things you can no longer have and possibly a little self-indulgent too. But a little self indulgence is ok once in a while, don't you think?

No comments: