Sunday, April 7, 2013

Day 26 What I Like And Dislike ABout Me

Wow, I wasn't raised to like things about myself, believe me!  My mother didn't hand out compliments or ever say that something we did was good enough.  So I haven't spent a lot of time thinking about it.  I'll give it my best shot though.
I like my curly hair.  It used to be straight as a poker but since menopause, it's curly and I think it suits me.  I like my eyelashes too.  They are nice and long although not as thick as they used to be.  My hair is getting thin but as my Dad used to say, "who wants fat hair"? So I'm ok with it.
I like my crazy laugh.  It is loud and uninhibited and usually I tone it down but sometimes I can't help it and I just laugh.  I like my quirky sense of humor too.
I like my decorating sense.  I have a good eye for color and what goes together.  I love how I decorated my house.
Now, I dislike  a lot of things about myself.  I will just pick out the top ones though or you'll be bored to tears or maybe you'll just be in tears!
I intensely dislike my belly.  It is the bane of my existence.  I know I've had good advice to just embrace the belly but it's easier said than done.  The rest of me is skinny, well, sorta.  I feel like my belly enters the room before I do!
I dislike my age.  Nothing to do about it though so I try not to dwell.
I dislike my wrinkles but am not willing to do anything unnatural to them.
I dislike my solitude.  I spend too much time on my own so I think too much about the past and mistakes I've made.
I dislike that I am like that!  LOL
Do I like more things about myself than I dislike?  I think so because if the opposite were true how would I get up in the morning or look at myself in the mirror?

No comments: