Monday, April 29, 2013

Oh, Deer

There are a ton of deers around our house.  They are a herd.  I think there are about twelve of them at least.  The dirty dozen is what I call them.
Listen, I used to think deer were beautiful and gentle creatures.  Then they came to live with me.  First, they ate all the landscaping I bought the first year we lived here.  Then, they started on all the landscaping in sight.  They ate all the ground cover in our back yard so that what used to look like a beautiful park area now looks like a dead zone.
They even eat plants that they aren't supposed to like.  They even at rose bushes, thorns and all.
SO, I hate them.  They are pushy and arrogant.  A couple of nights ago there were two of them standing in our backyard staring at us while we ate dinner.  It was very disconcerting.  I pulled the shades.
One morning, last spring, I pulled up a shade first thing in the morning and the darn thing was standing right there staring at me.  I jumped about a foot.  It didn't run away or anything.
In some places(not here thank goodness) the deer get so aggressive they try to jump on kids at their bus stops.  Sometimes they are standing in your yard like they are your pet or something.  They run out in front of cars and don't look both ways before crossing.
I cried when Bambi's mother died...............not any more.

No comments: