Saturday, May 24, 2008

Really, Where Does the Time Go?

Last night somebody asked me if it bothers me that my kids are in their late twenties. They wanted to know if I wanted to put a cap on them at say 16 or so. I had to say it really doesn't make me feel old that my kids are adults. What really makes me feel the fleeting passage of time is how old all the kids of my former colleagues are!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Kids who I thought would be ten are fifteen. Some have graduated from highschool and are in college. How on earth did that happen??Then I saw old, dear friends who I haven't seen in quite some time and as we discuss it, it's been ten years or four or two or twenty since we'd seen each other. These are people that I want to stay in touch with and I'm pretty sure they want to stay in touch with me. How on earth did the time go by so quickly?Anyway everyone looked great. We are all a little older, a little grayer, and for some a little bit fatter(no offense it's an age thing, we really can't help it...refer to my remarks about Tina Turner). However, as someone pointed out, some parts of our female anatomies are fatter but they give us cleavage(FINALLY!!! and now who cares?).We all agreed that our time together when we were working was a precious time filled with fun and laughter and really, who can ask for more than that??So, here's to old friends and colleagues. Thanks for the memories. (OH GOSH, now I sound like Bob Hope...time to go!)

No comments: